This economical 8 in. (203mm) web-width printing press offers numerous solutions to your printing needs, from pre-press trials to narrow web production runs. The 8400 is easy to set up and operate, and has the shortest web path in the industry. A list of standard options completes the package.
The 8400 has four flexographic print stations with running lateral and longitudinal registration control. The easy to clean ink fountains are interchangeable and have enclosed doctor blades. Print stations are designed to use state of the art photopolymer printing plates. An optional plate mounting system is available which reduces setup times. Die Cutting configuration options include three die cutting stations or laminating capabilities with running longitudinal registration controls as standard. Top loading die stations facilitate quick changeovers. The waste rewind is located above the die stations. Pneumatic controlled and operated unwind and rewind clutches and expanding cores included with the base unit.
The 8400 will print on pressure sensitive label stock, paper, film, foil, card stock, and many other printable substrates.
The 8400 is engineered for a long service life of continuous use with minimal maintenance. Quality, durability and simplicity are Sohn’s trademark.
- CE Compliant
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 75.25″ x 31″ x 82.5″ (1911mm x 787mm x 2096mm)
- Weight: 2,246 lbs.
- Electrical Requirements: 220 VAC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz, 1
- Variable Speed- 250 ft./min. (76 Meters p/minute)
- Gearing: Pitch 0.125″ C.P.
- Colors: Prints Four Spot Colors
- Roll Sizes:Up to 24″ (610 mm) in diameter
- Expanding Core: 3″ (76 mm) Standard Unwind and Rewind-other sizes available
- Maximum Web-Width: 8″ (203 mm)- Also available in 10″ (254 mm)
- Repeat: 6″ to 18″ (154 mm to 457 mm)
- Unwind and Rewind Tension Controls: Pneumatic
- Die Stations: Three- Accepts both solid rotary dies, and flexible dies with magnetic cylinders
- Lamination: Accepts Self Wound and Linered Films
- Air Dryers
- UV Curing Systems
- Web Guides
- Corona Treaters
- Electronic Tension Controls
- Plate Mounting System
- Will accept other’s 7″ tooling